2016 Pledge Drive
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
A Faith Based Community Acting Through An Interconnected Family of Ministries to accept everyone who wishes to follow Christ, worship together, grow in faith and share God’s love through service to others.
Stewardship Campaign for Fiscal Year 2016
How do I intend to…
|Follow Christ?||Worship Together?||Grow in Faith?||Share God’s Love through Service to Others?|
Information you may need to prayerfully answer those questions:
- Each of us has the opportunity again this fall to renew our commitment to one another and the mission of St. Stephen’s by making a financial commitment – a pledge, which is “a solemn promise.”
- Your pledge supports everything we experience at St. Stephen’s — Worship, Pastoral Care, Youth and Christian Formation programs, and our Outreach programs seven days a week.
- Your pledge also funds the operation and maintenance of our beloved buildings, and more.
- Our yearly Ministry Support Plan is driven by the generosity of our annual pledges. Each and every pledge makes a difference and works toward the building of our faith community.
- Annual pledges are just one part of the practice of generosity and stewardship in our spiritual lives.
- Special gifts continue to be needed to fund additional parish priorities such as the Education Building loan, building renovation, music, outreach and youth programs.
Any financial shortfall comes out of our cash reserves. This year we project to deplete our cash reserves by about $5,000, leaving about $22,600 in reserves at year’s end.
An update on our Education Building loan:
The balance on our Education Bldg loan is now $78,745. So far this loan has been supported by our Capital Campaign pledges and Education Building fund raisers. We will need to launch another capital campaign in order to pay off the building.
We at St. Stephens have a lot to be grateful for:
- We’ve been making double payments on our building loan and now our principle payments are nearly $1,000/month. This has reduced estimated interest payments by over $20,000 over the life of the loan and shortened the loan payment period from 20 years to only 7 years.
- We’ve supported outreach projects to include San Carlos Apache Blanket & Food Drive, chaplains’ food locker, Operation Christmas Child, Nogales Clinic, salvation army lunch program, Narc anon, girl scouts, CANTER, Society of Companions of the Holy Cross,
- We continue to provide children and youth activities
- our music ministry is growing and inspiring
- We have all been blessed
If you would like to make a proportional pledge or tithe, the following chart may help:
|Annual Gross Income||2%||4%||6%||8%||10%||12%|