Education for Ministry – E.F.M
A Four-Year Extension Course
Offered by the School of Theology,
University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Participants commit to one year at a time to meet weekly in a
seminar led by trained mentors. The program begins with a year of Bible
study of the Hebrew Scripture. The second year of Bible study focus is
the Christian Testament. The third year examines Church history and the
fourth is twentieth century theology.
- The weekly sessions meet on Sunday afternoons at 2:00 p.m. and
last 2 ½ hours, including discussion, worship, and theological
- The course is for the laity. It provides the basics of a
theological education that help to develop knowledge and confidence
about the ministry all Christians share.
WE RECEIVED THAT CALL AT BAPTISM
- The program began in 1975 and has grown to international status.
Over 54,000 persons have participated in E.F.M. The School of Theology
has now added on-line seminar capability for remote areas. It is
currently working on recording the texts on c.d.s for those who would
benefit by the.
- Since 2001, eight persons have graduated from St. Stephen’s seminar group.
- The sessions at St. Stephen’s begin in September and run through the month of June. There are 34 weeks of study each year.
- At the completion of the course, participants are given a
certificate and eighteen Continuing Education unites for each year of